Excursion Programme


Wednesday, 13 July 2016- Kırşehir City Tour 

Excursion program will start at 14:00 where the shuttles will be waiting for you in front of the conference building. Please be there at time. Our first destination will be Kaman Kalehoyuk Archaeological Museum and Japon Garden. The second destionation will be Ahi Evran Social Complex. The third destination will be Cacabey Astronomy Madrasah and the last destionation is Neşet Ertaş Sultan of Hearts, House of Culture The tour will end at 20:00



Kaman Kalehöyük Archaeological Museum which is built benefiting from the Japanese Government’s unrequited grants under the “cultural heritage protection program” was designed as tumulus by inspiring in its form. Its architecture was designed to provide opportunities for the visitors to come and see excavation methods and at the same time removed excavation works. The museum which has transformed to a symbol of friendship and cooperation of two countries has been opened on the date of 10 July 2010. It is the first and unique museum which was ever built in form of a tumulus in the world. Kaman Kalehöyük Archeology Museum has also been seen worthy for the award of greenest museum in the contest of design conducted in Chicago since 1950s.




It is found near Kaman County, Çağırkan Boroughand Kalehöyük excavation house. It has been built by Japan Middle-Eastern Culture Center in 1993 in memory of commencement of Kalehöyük excavations by Altes Prince Takahito Mikasa and for the purpose of creating a recreational area for the local people. Japanese garden is the biggest botanic garden found outside Japan boundaries and attracts increasingly more visitors every year.



Ahi Evran Social Complex where the tomb of Ahi Evran-ı Veli is situated is located at Ahi Evran quarter in Kırşehir provincial center. It is estimated that is it was established as a simple zawiyah during XIV.th century. A building has been built over the tomb in 1450 and this building was enlarged in 1481 and a small mosque has been added to such building in 1561 as well. Its minaret was built in early XX.th century. Ahi Evran Social Complex has been the spiritual center of Turkish tanners and craft connoisseurs during ruling of the Ottoman Empire.



Being one of the historical structures in Kırşehir, Cacabey Astronomy Madrasah has been built by Nureddin Jibril bin Cacabey being Governor of Kırşehir of the period in year 1272 to be a madrasah where the education of mathematics, astronomy, science were provided. In addition to its unique architecture, Cacabey Astronomy Madrasah attracting attention with its particularly internal colonnettes representing the planets within the solar system, observation shaft, lighting torch and observation tower is one of the first centers providing astronomy education, maybe, even the most important one. The colonnettes which are situated and look like a rocket at three different locations of the madrasah and currently being used as a mosque is considered evidence that the building had served as an astronomy center.



The building used to be Governor Residence in previous years in order to stake out a claim for the memory of great instrument and orator; deceased Neset Ertas we lost in year 2012 has been restored and converted to Neşet Ertaş Heart Sultans Culture House. At Neşet Ertaş Heart Sultans Culture House, the poets and great personalities who had gained the hearts of the Turkish people extending from Dede Korkut up to date are introduced within a certain timeline. A facility for the sounds of the instruments and the works belonging to the artists exhibited is provided in the digital environment. By means of a digitally designed sculpture, opportunity to listen to folk songs from Neşet Ertaş, the locums of steppe is offered to the visitors inside the Culture House.



Friday, 15 July 2016 -Cappadocia Tour Programme

14:00- Departure: From Conference Building

14:30- Hacıbektas Veli Complex

15:00- Departure from Hacıbektaş Veli Complex

16:00- Avanos ( Paşabağ-Göreme-Uçhisar) Ürgüp(Devrent)

20:00- Dinner ( Self Service) at Handır Restaurant Uçhisar

22:00- Departure from Nevşehir

23:30- Arrival to Kırşehir

Cappadocia tour on 15 july 2016, Friday  ( fee: 100 TL / 35 $ / 30 € )


The site of nature’s wonderful formations, a central Anatolian and world heritage with a history dating back to 3000 B.C.This awesome geography where history and nature intertwines has been host to many civilizations throughout the centuries.  The unique volcanic landscape of the region took shape as a result of the erosion of the volcanic layers which spread through the area with the eruption of Erciyes, Hasandag and Güllüdag mountains about 60 million years ago. Cappadocia, which means “land of beautiful horses,”in Persian language, has been the hub of many civilizations and a gigantic shelter and center for Christians who fled from the Roman Empire during the Hittite period and hid in the houses and churches carved inside of rocks.With the formation of fairy chimneys in time, the local communities carved houses and churches into these rocks and made frescoes inside of these structures connecting the past with the present.A district of Nevşehir and one of the key points of the Silk Road, Cappadocia is inscribed in the UNESCO World Heritage list. If you are ready to go on a journey to dreamland, Cappadocia is waiting to introduce you to all of its mysteries!




Haci Bektas Veli is the great Turkish philosopher of the 13th century, the practitioner of Hoca Ahmed Yesevi’s doctrines in Anatolia and the eponym of the Bektashism, a religious order of Alevism. The base of his philosophy lies on humanity, human rights and social equality that he counsels for the man to be modest, to purify his soul, to mature, to abstain from show off and to be full of love of God. His principles lead to the cultural harmony and enlightening in Anatolia.The Complex founded in the 14th century is located in the district of Hacibektas in central Kizilirmak region of Central Anatolia. When Haci Bektas Veli moved from Nisabur in Horasan, Sulucakarahoyuk, the name of the district at that time, was a small village which eventually developed and expanded. The name has been changed after death of Haci Bektas Veli in 1337 in commemoration of the tolerance atmosphere he built on the grounds of humanity.The Complex, which had the settlement pattern of the Turkish Palaces with courtyards, around which the units were settled according to their functions, consists of buildings around the 1st courtyard (Nadar), 2nd courtyard (dervish lodge) and 3rd courtyard. It was built by simple stonemasonry and decorated with ornaments particular to Bektashism. The Complex has witnessed many additions and comprehensive restoration in time, but it reached its present form mainly in the 16th century.




  • About
    Kirsehir City

  • About
    Ahi Evran University

  • About